• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander/tring to get me fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kool1

I recently took over as manager/maintance for a M.H.P. in the process of being sold. The seller has decided to try and stop the sale by proving my companies not holding up there end of the deal in keeping up with park maintance. he has decided to do this he needs to discredit me and get me fired. At first i was told by my company to treat him as any other tenant and when he hadnt paid rent on the 11 mobiles he still owned, I did, and he took this as a personal attack by me. He has since then called my company almost daily to complain about me. My company was tring to get a loan and the night before the loan meeting I talked with the old owner and asked him, should I be looking for another job, he said no, not at this time, then went into the meeting the next morning and told my bosses, their lawyers and the loan comm. that the park was a mess, the office was never open, that he has never seen me doing anything and that he thinks i may be invoved with drugs. We had a mobile move out and they left the place a mess, I picked up three cans full of garbage, the day before the garbage was to be picked up he dumped out all three cans on the ground, saying they were his cans, then took pictures and sent them to my boss. The sewer backed up one day and spilled about five gallons on the ground, he called the health dept., he has told tenants that he is getting the park back and the first thing he is doing is throwing me into the street. Out of his 11 mobiles, he had 9 move out in one month,he called the loan comm. saying they moved because of me, and to show the park income was lower then my bosses had stated, he forgot to mention that they were his mobiles. I could go on and on, the list I have is endless and now it seems that my company may be turning on me. I received a three page letter with 35 questions they wanted answered now and I am figuring they are going to use these against me, out of 35 questions you know they are tring to find anything as an excuse. Daily this guy seems to come up with something new and I have decided to not put my wife and daughter through this. Being that I am an at will employee they could walk thru the door right now and tell us to get out, which I am not going to wait for

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Okay,

if you can prove he is slandering you in your business/occupation, get an attorney ASAP and start a suit.

Try http://www.attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral. Otherwise, use this time to LOOK for another job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">