• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

finally right forum...any extra advice ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SleepersOwn

What is the name of your state? TX

Tx state resident question. I know this is long but please bare with me as i'm going through a trying time and don't have the money to replace what has been spent...

Hello, i'm new to the site and am here with the hopes of trying to find a way to get my problem resolved. First I currently reside in denton, tx. I moved here the 22nd of feb and within a week purchased a vehicle through a dealership called MSM WHOLESALE in Richardson. The car was $1500 and i asked them what was wrong with it, they said nothing. The car runs great except for the headgasket that was getting fixed when they showed me the car. The car looked to be in good shape, as i know nothing about cars and don't know any mechanics ( since i just moved out here ) i had only their word and my gut to go off of. Well, when i took the car for a drive it drove fine, it pulled a lil to the right the a/c wasn't as cold so i paid for the parts to get the a/c fixed and they said they'll switch around the tires and see how it works out.

Come back to pick up the car, no more pulling to the right and the a/c was a bit cooler. I guessed it was because the car was sitting outside in the heat for so long so i took it home. Come to find out ( as i never drove the car on the highway ) once i go over 50mph the car shakes as all hell is about to happen. I immediately slowed down, i was already kind of far from the shop so i just took it home to see what a different mechanic would say. Turns out i have a loose inner tie rod on the drivers wheel that needs to be replaced. As well as i need new tires. Whole thing would cost me $280 for the tie rod replacement and however much new tires would be. I call up MSM and tell the manager about both problems ( my a/c still wasn't fixed properly ). She says just bring it back in and everything will be fixed. Great, i pray before leaving and drive 50mph all the way back to Richardson ( basically if the tie rod was to snap on the drive, the wheel would be locked in whatever position it was when it snapped and i would be screwed ).

Call them up day before yesterday and talk to the mechanic that worked on it. He said it's ready. I ask are both problems fixed, he says " The a/c is blowing cold and we gave it an alignment ". I ask him if he has driven the car and he says yes. He continues to say how it shakes badly over 50mph. So i say ok then, does it still do that ? He complies, i ask, well what was fixed then ? He says the manager said she wasn't going to spend anymore money on it ( or something to that effect ). I ask to speak to the manager, shes not in. How conveinent. I ask him, does he think it would be right to sell someone that car. He stutters and says he's just a mechanic. I ask again, he replies. No, it's not.

Now that you've read my problem i ask for any advice on what i can do. I don't even want the car anymore because if they say they're going to fix it i really don't trust them working on it. I really just want my money back spent on it and be done with them. The buyer agreement paper i have does not have the sign " As Is " checked off so i think there can be something done in my favor. It's one thing to sell a car that is unreliable and pass it off, but it's another thing to sell a car that is UNSAFE. I could have died driving either way or worse, taken out a family when crashing. I haven't spoken to the manager yet as i've just tried to call yesterday and wanted to get some advice on what i can do before i call her back. Can i just get my money back and be done with it ? I brought the car on the 28th of Feb, it's not even a month old yet and it's been in the shop more than i've sat inside it.

CLIFFS: Brought car. Car is highly unsafe to drive on roadways. Want money back in full for purchase and parts. Do i have a case ?

teflon_jones

You don't have a case. You should have had the car inspected by an independent 3rd party prior to purchasing it. You bought a $1500 car from a used car salesman. What do you expect?

BL

you could make a complaint with you Attorney General's consumer affairs office and the BBB , it depends on your State's laws ...
on warrenties .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">