• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contractor @##$??!$

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dr5chrome

What is the name of your state? CO

We hired a contractor to construct rooms for our business in our building.

They worked on the project while I was moving my business form out of state.
When we arrived they had finished. Upon inspection EVERYTHING was wrong.
Walls and rooms as much as a foot off and several other mistakes.

I didn’t have the time to have them correct the problems, as my business would have been crippled by the delay.

They still wanted to be paid and threatened a mechanics lien.

To avoid court I agreed to a partial payment.

It turned out that these mistakes caused much more problem than I ever imagined. We have run out of money due to the down time in getting up our other services affected by the construction problems. Ive been told by several not to pay them regardless.

What should I do?

Regards
David Wood

pojo2

dr5chrome said:
What should I do?

Regards
David Wood
Prepare for a mechanics lien.

Now since a Judge is gonna' wan to know the answer to this question, practice on us

It turned out that these mistakes caused much more problem than I ever imagined. We have run out of money due to the down time in getting up our other services affected by the construction problems

What on earth is the nature of your business that a wall being off a foot can cause such problems?

PghREA

pojo2 said:
Prepare for a mechanics lien.

Now since a Judge is gonna' wan to know the answer to this question, practice on us

It turned out that these mistakes caused much more problem than I ever imagined. We have run out of money due to the down time in getting up our other services affected by the construction problems

What on earth is the nature of your business that a wall being off a foot can cause such problems?
And if it was such a problem that it grossly impeded your ability to do business, why did you not address the issue with the contractors immediately?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">