• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moneymart taking me too small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snapper

What is the name of your state? B C cashed chq at mmart10 days latter they phoned to tell me it was stopped by my boss well ex boss.they sent me a letter with a copy of the chq.(currently getting help from gov labor people to get back wages owed from said exboss,have not but anything on paper yet)In that first letteR from mm it said stoppayment,now on the smallclaims form i see they,ve put the reason as insufficient funds? How do you see this unfoldding?What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well, if this WERE a US case, the way I see it unfolding is that you would go to court, stand there with a blank look because you have no defense, then be ordered to pay for the check, any fees/charges incurred and court costs.

dcatz

But if it WERE, it's to be hoped that, by that time, you would have brought your ex boss into the case as a cross-defendant. They win against you, you win against him and the foot bone's connected to the ankle bone.

Last edited:

dcatz

Good for them. They're going to make sure they get paid by somebody. So sue him for the check and for indemnification and let the court sort it out.

dcatz

Cross-defendant - together.
(Two threads that are so closely related is making this difficult.)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">