• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Rear Seat Belts in Used Car I Just Bought!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

psantos

What is the name of your state? IL

I was going to take my grandaughter with me to the grocery this evening and discovered there are no seat belt latches in my back seat. I just picked up the car last night, bought it used from a reputable car dealer or so I thought. They may have overlooked it, I did. She had to stay at home.

Is this legal? Do they have have to install the seat belts free of charge or will I have to pay. What recourse do I have?

Thanks for your help.

P

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
psantos said:
What is the name of your state? IL

I was going to take my grandaughter with me to the grocery this evening and discovered there are no seat belt latches in my back seat. I just picked up the car last night, bought it used from a reputable car dealer or so I thought. They may have overlooked it, I did. She had to stay at home.

Is this legal? Do they have have to install the seat belts free of charge or will I have to pay. What recourse do I have?

Thanks for your help.

P
Before you go to all that trouble...
Check if the seatbelts fell behind the seat - you may even have to remove the bottom seat from the back to see if they're down there.

JETX

DOH!!!! So obvious.... and not even a LEGAL question!!! :eek:
Park that car IMMEDIATELY. You are clearly too stupid to drive and are a danger to all the others on the roadway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">