• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post And Fence On Their Side

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gml659

What is the name of your state? WA.

Building a new home on property that our old home (tear down) was on. Lived there before for 4 years. Neighbor had a survey and the corner ain't where I thought it was....iron rod prooves it.

Had a concrete post and some iron fence placed on what I THOUGHT was the property line. It appears that at least the post is 1 to 2 feet over on their side. Fence....I am not sure. I think I have about $1000 invested so far in this endeavor.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I am sure their survey is correct.

GML

Litigation!

gml659 said:
What is the name of your state? WA.

Building a new home on property that our old home (tear down) was on. Lived there before for 4 years. Neighbor had a survey and the corner ain't where I thought it was....iron rod prooves it.

Had a concrete post and some iron fence placed on what I THOUGHT was the property line. It appears that at least the post is 1 to 2 feet over on their side. Fence....I am not sure. I think I have about $1000 invested so far in this endeavor.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this? I am sure their survey is correct.

GML

My response:

Remove your fence and footings. Then, start over - - on your own property. Right now, you're trespassing and adversely affecting someone else's free and quiet enjoyment of their own property. It may be a foot or two to you, but it is, in fact, someone's hard earned property.

Simple. Tear it down.

IAAL

ralph31

That wasn't much of a reply, IAAL.

Wouldn't you be trespassing if you went onto the neighbors property to tear down the fence?

I would suggest you talk to the neighbor. He/she may allow you to let it go.
He may be glad that you were willing to put up the fence. There are documents that can be signed by you and your neighbor that respects both of your rights and desires.

BelizeBreeze

ralph31 said:
That wasn't much of a reply, IAAL.

Wouldn't you be trespassing if you went onto the neighbors property to tear down the fence?

I would suggest you talk to the neighbor. He/she may allow you to let it go.
He may be glad that you were willing to put up the fence. There are documents that can be signed by you and your neighbor that respects both of your rights and desires.
Not much of a reply Ralph, since this is a legal site and IAAL gave the ONLY relevant legal advice without a court hearing.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">