• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I conduct for profict seminars based upon someonelse's sales-training system?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jerry Rubin

I am a Pennsylvania resident. A number of years ago I took a general sales-training course named "Joe Jones's sales course." Over the ensuing years I have adapted the principals of that course to selling insurance. I now wish to run a for-profit insurance sales-training workshop based on principles that were part of Jones's course. First, can I use the other guy's sales training course name as part of my business's name, i.e. "Adapting the Jones method to insurance sales." Additionally, I am thinking of writing a book using the same title. Jones also authored a book by the same name as his course (Joe Jones's sales course)."

So, Can I legally do all of the above? Do I need Jones's permission? Am I legally infringing on his works which are, no doubt, copyrighted? ([email protected])

THANKS, Jerry Rubin

Jerry Rubin

[Edited by Jerry Rubin on 12-14-2000 at 08:31 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">