• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

married or not

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LittleE

I've been married 1yr3mos and my husband took off nov.23,2000. I no longer work because we have a 6mo old and he's an over the road truck driver. I purchased 2 vehicles before we got married-he purchased a house before we got married. I asked him for my car back he won't give it back-now I'm in the process of reporting it stolen. He seems to think that he can keep the car. In the mean time I have been looking for a job because he left us with no money or anything. Then there may be a possibilty that he may still be married to his first wife. All I want is my car back, child support/maintence, and a divorce or annulment. I really don't know what to do I don't have $ right now for anything. He's filed for a chapter 13 but they are going to foreclose on the house soon-he seems to think that he can just re-finance just like that but no lender in their right mind is going to. He messed up my credit bad it's going to take at least 1.5 yrs for it to get somewhat feasible. Please help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LittleE said:
I've been married 1yr3mos and my husband took off nov.23,2000. I no longer work because we have a 6mo old and he's an over the road truck driver. I purchased 2 vehicles before we got married-he purchased a house before we got married. I asked him for my car back he won't give it back-now I'm in the process of reporting it stolen. He seems to think that he can keep the car. In the mean time I have been looking for a job because he left us with no money or anything. Then there may be a possibilty that he may still be married to his first wife. All I want is my car back, child support/maintence, and a divorce or annulment. I really don't know what to do I don't have $ right now for anything. He's filed for a chapter 13 but they are going to foreclose on the house soon-he seems to think that he can just re-finance just like that but no lender in their right mind is going to. He messed up my credit bad it's going to take at least 1.5 yrs for it to get somewhat feasible. Please help
My response:

I'm a bit perplexed. You say you don't have money for any solution, e.g. divorce.

Legal Aid doesn't do divorces, and Pro Bono attorneys are rare, and when you can find one, well, you know the old story - - you get what you pay for in that regard.

So, how can we "help" you?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">