• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Easment speedbumps, ditches and drains

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stablemate

What is the name of your state? Georgia
We have an easment along the edge of our neighbors land, we have a clear title to this easment. Our neighbor is digging ditches accross our driveway and is stating that the reason for doing so is to channel water to the lower side of the drive. Our neighbor does not use this driveway at all, never has, but I know that they have every right to if they need to or want. I believe they are doing this to be a nuisince. I want to use my tractor and blade to smooth this road as the channels are more like speed bumps. It is amusing to me that she is not digging up the end of the drive that she is using. Does she have a right to dig even though she does not use this drive and can I maintain this drive to my standards, including putting in a culvert so we don't have to drive through a mud puddle? Thank you for any direction that can be given, I really want to be a good neighbor but am tired of what seems to be harrasment, Dennis and Ellen
P.S. Should I take pictures before I do anything at all?What is the name of your state?

FarmerJ

take pics before you go to see the real estate atty you will be seeing to sit down and review documents you will need to bring wich would be the exact wording of the easement wich should be recorded to a property title . The atty can review the easements wording with you to make sure that it is clear who if any one is to maintain the easement and all its terms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">