• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boundries adverse possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronald

What is the name of your state? West Virginia Neighobor has put a fence on my property statute of limitation may be up. Do I have any legal rights to my property?

Last edited:

lwpat

If the fence is on your land send him a letter CRRR to remove it within ten days or you will take the fence down for him.

BelizeBreeze

ronald said:
What is the name of your state? West Virginia Neighobor has put a fence on my property statute of limitation may be up. Do I have any legal rights to my property?
How long has the fence been there and what proof do you have that it is on your land?

mbrown225

ronald said:
You do have legal rights, you may want to check your state statutes, but I belive that if they
have not paid taxes on that part of the property you may have a way out. You may also want to get your property surveyed because that might null the statute of limitation. The
period for adverse use in your state should be 10 years. You can also go to your County
Assessor web site to find out information on your property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">