• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used car sale from dealership...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmrs3941

What is the name of your state? Iowa

Feb 24 2006 bought a used SUV from a dealership.....
week 1=was charged $100 to fix door that the pin was falling out of plus a new striker...on March 15 the torque converter went bad,clogged up the radiator which in turn blew all the tranny fuild out of the vechile...called the dealership and had to pay for towing since they dont do that..dealership said they would have my vechile in first thing friday am and here it is and they havent any did anything with it...was also told that I was responsible for all repairs....per salesman this vechile was just put on lot on Feb 24 and they hadnt inspected it or looked it over...found out by some one else that it has been on the lot at least a week prior...any recourse that I have to at least get the dealership to take any responsibity for the SUV repair? Was told by several people (one in the car repair business for over 10 yrs) that since it was less than 30days the dealership should work on this with me whether it be do the repairs for free or only charge me half...what are my options?

justalayman

If you bought the vehicle "as-is" meaning no warranty and you want the vehicle repaired, plan on paying for the repairs out of your pocket.

If you have some sort of warranty, look towards that to see what, if anything, is covered.

When buying a vehicle, you are responsible to have it inspected if you want it to be.

For future aid, you need to find a good mechanic you trust to check out vehicles for you. Whatever you end up paying for an inspection will be a worthwhile investment.

genivieve

tmrs3941 said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa

Feb 24 2006 bought a used SUV from a dealership.....
week 1=was charged $100 to fix door that the pin was falling out QUOTE]

This tells me the vehicle has lots of mileage or has been hit. Which one is it? States differ and the warranty differs with mileage.

BL

You are trying to say do to the shops negligences of driving your vehicle that was left there for repairs , they in turn drove it while it was operable , but due to there driving it , made it inoperable .

Prove it it small claims . that simple .

Compare mileage in: mileage out : and any estimates from afterwords to prove your case .

Why you have to go through a 3rd mechanic is beyond me .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">