• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cruise cancellation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lamh7

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My Step mom, sister and I booked a 3-day cruise to the Bahamas with Royal Caribbean using a local travel agent. We had the cruise line book our flight (they used US Airways) and we also took out the insurance. We were scheduled to fly out on Friday, January the 13th at 7:40 a.m. we had a stop over in Charlotte, NC and schedule to arrive in Miami at 1:30 p.m. Where a Royal Caribbean representative was to meet us and take us to the boat. That would be leaving port at 5:00 p.m.

We were sitting in the back of the plane and the pilot came on the intercom stating that the plane had a flat tire and they didn’t have a spare. We were instructed to get off the plane and line up at the gate counter, so we could be rescheduled to another flight. The first thing I did was called our travel agent and told them what was going on. He told me there was a 9:15 a.m. flight on another airline. I tried to go ahead in line and explain that we were catching a cruise boat, but of course was told to get back in line. I informed the travel agent that we had about 30 people ahead of us in line and we would never be able to make the 9:15 and he said we should try for the 10:30 a.m. that would get us to Miami by 4:30 p.m. By the time we got to the front of the line it was already 10:30 and there were no flights that could get us to Miami to catch the boat.

We were then informed that we would only be getting a 75% cruise voucher as a refund. Because they said that the reason we cancelled wasn’t a listed reason. We have been letting the travel agent try to resolve this for 2 months now and I was wondering what if any legal recourse we have to get a 100% cruise voucher. We are not asking for our money back, we just want to reschedule our cruise at no extra cost to us. We never took our scheduled flight that day, so Royal Caribbean, who scheduled our flights, should be able to get us new air without any cost. Any advise on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">