• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fence and Animal Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbbudzin

What is the name of your state? NC

Hello,
I reside in the extra territorial jurisdiction of a small town. I have a neighbor in the rear of my house which owns a small sheep(5-10), cattle(1-2) and chicken(10) farm. My yard and his land is separated by a chain link fence which is (to the best of my knowledge) 1 foot inside my property. In the attempt to eat all of my green grass his animals have pushed my fence in at the bottom by at least a foot in places and destroyed my grass in the fenceline. His chickens also come into my yard and destroy my flowers and vegetation. He has also placed his electric fence supports on my fence posts damaging them. He is not a reasonable person so I fear I must pursue this in the court system. I have spoken to both my county and city planning and code enforcement departments about my problems but there is no zoning in the county and the city will not take action until they annex us!
Besides surveying the fenceline, what are some good first steps to take to rectify my problem?

Thanks alot,
Chris B.What is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

cbbudzin said:
What is the name of your state? NC

Hello,
I reside in the extra territorial jurisdiction of a small town. I have a neighbor in the rear of my house which owns a small sheep(5-10), cattle(1-2) and chicken(10) farm. My yard and his land is separated by a chain link fence which is (to the best of my knowledge) 1 foot inside my property. In the attempt to eat all of my green grass his animals have pushed my fence in at the bottom by at least a foot in places and destroyed my grass in the fenceline. His chickens also come into my yard and destroy my flowers and vegetation. He has also placed his electric fence supports on my fence posts damaging them. He is not a reasonable person so I fear I must pursue this in the court system. I have spoken to both my county and city planning and code enforcement departments about my problems but there is no zoning in the county and the city will not take action until they annex us!
Besides surveying the fenceline, what are some good first steps to take to rectify my problem?

Thanks alot,
Chris B.What is the name of your state?
Send him a certified (RRR) letter demanding payment for the cost of repairs for damages caused by his animals within 10 days of receipt of the letter or you will sue to be made whole.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">