• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lie Detector Tests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MCelich

Washington State. I have filed for a disability retirement. However I believe that my Doctor (who has alot of patients that are employees of my ex-employer) may be working with my ex-employer to have my disability retirement disapproved. The only good thing is that he wrote me a good letter initially which he may be trying to refute with lies. The only thing I have going for me is the truth. The question is can I volunteer to take a lie detector test to refute any lies and would it be admissible in court?

Also if my employer is working with my ex-doctor can they be made to take lie detector tests?

gawm

MCelich said:
Also if my employer is working with my ex-doctor can they be made to take lie detector tests?
Nobody can be made to take a lie detector test for court. They are far from being an exact science. Generally they are not admissible as evidence. Just because somebody fails one does not mean they are lying and just because somebody passes one does not mean they are telling the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">