• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

peeling paint #2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raine

This is raine with the 2000 Jetta with peeling paint, I have checked my warranty in my owners manual and they do not cover damage due to bird droppings and sap. I'm afraid if I go to arbitration I won't have a leg to stand on becasue the dealer claims its bird dropping and sap. The other issue is I can't get a body shop to write a statement that says its defective paint, so I won't have documentation to produce for arbitration. What do you think, should I still try arbitration?

T

TimC

Since you did not list a state, I am going to guess that you live in the North East. Am I correct?

The dealer has read the same manual you did, hence their insistence that it is bird droppings and/or sap. Do you know that it is, or is not?

Instead of going to the dealer, I would recommend going to the regional zone office for Volkswagen. They oversee the dealerships in a given region of the country. They will be in a position to help you, since attempts to negotiate with the dealer have failed.

My opinion is that a brand new car should not have peeling paint regardless of what natural environmental substance it was exposed to.

Oh yeah, before you have ANYONE look at the car, make sure it is cleaned each and every time. If they see that you keep the car "dirty" they will use lack of routine maintenance as an argument against you.

To recap, if the dealer gives you no satisfaction, go to the zone office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">