• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UNUM Long Term Disability denial-Do I need a Lawyer or by myself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diggiedog

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

UNUM Long Term Disability denial-Do I need a Lawyer or by myself

Hello, I have seen the ads on TV that UNUM is reopening the claims process for folks whose Long Term Disability benefits were terminated between 1998 and now.

I fall into that category and based on research I've done, I'm exactly the type of case denial that got them into trouble and forced the settlement of a 49 state Class Action Suit.

I have no trust for UNUM after all of this. So the logical choice would be to get a lawyer to help me with this. BUT, I resent the fact that I would have to give such a huge chunk of the benefits that I should have been given years ago to a lawyer.....seems there's no winning on this one.

The conditions of my illness that caused me to have to stop working were horrendous and I'm not happy about having to relive this part of my life. And I'm not convinced that I could handle this case by myself due to my illness.

Does anyone have any information about following these appeals through without a lawyer? Or does anyone have any information at all that could help me on this quest?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">