• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing Final paychecks/benefits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RickyJO

What is the name of your state? CO.

My name is Ricky, I worked for as contracter called DMD marketing selling newspapers door to door--very small operation, new as well. I quit after about a year and a half (long time for that job) on good terms with everybody--workers, managers, and owners i also recieved one of the highest payrates and ended with the highest rate of any current employee.

SO. I was very surprised when my last two checks never showed up. I am not the first to not get their final checks, i just didn't believe them.

In adition, when i worked there part of our pitch was about "College savings bonds" I recieved one in my first few months of working there, but over 500 (maybe more) dollars worth of bonds are still unacounted for. I believe they were really simply government issued "patriot" savings bonds, the one i got was anyway.

Subsiquently, I need to get this money, they no longer return my calls. Given that I am 17 and do not live at home I fear they don't believe I can do anything about it.
Sadly this may be true.

I would like to initiate court action--mostly in hope of a settlement, there record keeping is horrible, and could cause a great deal of harm later. Also...they payed in cash (suspisiouse bell goes off). They payed in checks for a long time, so I think they are very vulnerable, and they certainly can't prove them paid my last two checks.

What do I do? I'm 17, in colorado.
It will be a most daunting task to get my parents involved.

ecmst12

A good first step would be to contact your state's Department of Labor. I'm sure they have a web site :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">