• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legal ethics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

ndecker

What is the name of your state? illinois

i have a workers comp case that has been going on more than 1 1/2 years and i have not been pleased with my attorneys service of my case . i talked to him and it was better for a short while. then he slipped back into his same old stuff again . i talked to a lawyer from another town and gave him some info on the case and before i was done he said he would call me back the next day and get the rest of the info ,well he never called back and from some of the statements i have heard from my attorney i believe the other guy called my attorney and discussed my case. am i wrong or does this situation stink of bad ethics :mad: :mad: :mad:

divgradcurl

Nobody can tell you, based on what you've written, if anything is wrong or not -- we don't know if the two attorney's talked, we don't know if you idea of "reasonable service" is what the state bar thinks is "reasonable service" -- there just isn't any way to tell from the facts you've given.

However, if you feel like things aren't happening the way you think they should, contact you lawyer and tell him that you are considering contacting the state bar and filing a complaint if he doesn't get moving on the case. Then, if he doesn't get moving, you can file the complaint, the state bar will investigate, and if warranted, will discipline the attorney.

You can also try to find another attorney, maybe this second attorney, after reviewing your case, just decided not to take the case?

N

ndecker

and i just might ,but rest assured it will not be you cause you sound just like my first lawyer all blow but no show

divgradcurl

ndecker said:
and i just might ,but rest assured it will not be you cause you sound just like my first lawyer all blow but no show
Nice. I try to give you some advice you can use, and you come back with this.

I think now I might understand why your lawyer doesn't want to talk to you...

N

ndecker

divgradcurl said:
Nice. I try to give you some advice you can use, and you come back with this.

I think now I might understand why your lawyer doesn't want to talk to you...

sorry if you think what you gave was any type of advice your smugness got in the way of getting anything out of your post

N

ndecker

BelizeBreeze said:
Sounds like the poster was waiting for Ryan to sign his check ....

Or one of his jailhouse cronies.:rolleyes:

dont know what your referring too except maybe your former governor ,but rest assured nobody ever GAVE me anything , i have worked for thirty years how about you

BelizeBreeze

ndecker said:
dont know what your referring too except maybe your former governor ,but rest assured nobody ever GAVE me anything , i have worked for thirty years how about you
Oh boy, you've worked for 30 years. Nice try sonny boy.

But I've let other people work FOR me for 42 years.

And I'm enjoying life tremendously thank you :D

N

ndecker

bet there has been alot of people that have worked for you cause with your attitude no one could stand you for too long

BelizeBreeze

ndecker said:
bet there has been alot of people that have worked for you cause with your attitude no one could stand you for too long
you got free legal advice from a well-respected member of this forum and you piss all over it.

Who cares if you like it or not or ever come back. Go PAY for your legal advice. you will get nothing more here.

N

ndecker

glad i paid what it was worth and that was nothing about the same amount i would place on anything you would advise

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">