• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to Work State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilostinker

I live in Nevada and have been hearing it's a right to work state. Seems everytime an employer treats people like garbage, they quote this. What exactly does it mean? I find it hard to believe it is there for abuse by employers.

S

sharon slocum

hello,florida is a right to work state also, this means that if your injuried or ill for any lenght of time they do not have to hold your job for you until your better. No law gives the boss the right to abuse you in any shape form or matter. I am having trouble with co-workers.

B

buddy2bear

In some States if a company is unionized, then you can only work at that company if you become a union member in good standing after a certain period of time, usually 30 days. If, for some reason (don't pay dues, brought up on charges for doing something against the Union or "brother/sister" member), you cease to be a member in good standing, then you not only lose your union membership, but also your job, because only union members can work at that company. A Right to Work State, I believe, is a State wherein even if you are not a member of a union and a company is unionized, you have the right to work and stay a non-member of the union. Non-union people working together with union people is called an "open shop." Union members only is a "closed shop." In otherwords, a Right to Work State, I think, is a State wherein you have the right to work anywhere without being forced to becoming a member of any organization and/or labor organization.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">