• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adding to a Journal Entry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wnagel

What is the name of your state? KS

I really enjoy your forum and I'm almost convinced to start Law School.

I went to court pro'se against 3 attorneys on a custody dispute. I prevailed on won sole custody of my son. YEA! Anyway, numerous issues were decided in court. Now that court is over, the opposing attorney was given the task of writing the Journal Entry. He added in many things and changed many things and even sent in a 24 page letter of new evidence and attached 2 affidavits of people to support his view. I wrote back and stated in few words that the trial is over and that the time for new evidence is over. Opposing attorney needs to request 'Reconsideration' or file an appeal. Is opposing attorney acting ethical and can the Judge accept new evidence after a hearing. Would this fall under exparte? Yes, I'm a student of the law and always absorbing like a sponge. Many thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">