• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Motorcycle sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blappin

What is the name of your state? IA

I sold a 95 Kaw Motorcycle the other day and now 3 days later the folks who bought it want their money back because they took it to get a tune up and the motorcycle shop says there is a crack in the frame under the gas tank. I had no idea, I mean how could I? It was under the gas tank. The bike books at $2450.00 and I sold it for $1450.00. I made him a real good deal on it any how. I told him everything I knew about the bike including the previous pwner before had laid it down with minor damage and I showed him that. He either wants his money back or to pay for the repairs which will be about $800. So then if I did that I would only have sold it for $650 basically. I never told him I would cover any repairs. Its an as is sale if you ask me. Please help? Thanks

BL

That's why there is buyer beware **************.....

If it seems too good to be true , it probably is .

Ok , legally , unless you advertised the sale in such a way that there is no other defects , your probably off the hook .

But really , how would you like to purchase something only to have a defect ?

Couldn't you at least offer to cover some of the frame repair ?

Blappin

More to it....

If it were under any other circumstances I would help him out. But the money is spent paying off bills already. See, my wife has MS and she has been having MRI's and Hospital visits lately and it just keeps getting worse. I have doctor bills filing in and thats why I sold it. I had no idea there was a crack in the frame! He has had it for several days as well. Whos to say he didnt crack the frame? I doubt thats what happened but how do I know at this point? Point being, all my money right now is going to doctor bills for my wife. We have sold one of our cars as well to pay bills and we are having a garage sale to help out. Like I say if it were just that I sold it I may help out but I have nothing to help with now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">