• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please bear yourselfs to what you will read...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

David H

What is the name of your state? Texas

I want to burn a house for the fun of it. You see, I want to burn a house safely. I would like to put up "safety walls" so fire wont go to other places. I would like to have firefighters present incase something happens, etc. Anything that will make the burn nice and safe, like a bon fire of some sort.

I can not discuss the reason at this point, but i can assure you that it purely for the fun of it. Money wont be an issue.

The thing is...

Is this LEGAL or ILLEGAL? Or are their some restrictions?

Shay-Pari'e

David H said:

I want to burn a house for the fun of it. You see, I want to burn a house safely. I would like to put up "safety walls" so fire wont go to other places. I would like to have firefighters present incase something happens, etc. Anything that will make the burn nice and safe, like a bon fire of some sort.

I can not discuss the reason at this point, but i can assure you that it purely for the fun of it. Money wont be an issue.

The thing is...

I think you need to discuss your reasoning in order to get a answer.

David H

Shay-Pari'e said:
I think you need to discuss your reasoning in order to get a answer.
My reasons are definately not for harm. Like I said, this will be stricly for fun and nothing else.

I just need to know if its legal before I go out and do this.

Litigation!

David H said:

The thing is...

My response:

"Please bear yourselfs to what you will read..."

Tell me when I should take my pants down.

Actually, your thoughts (even if you're a pyromaniac) are really a good idea, and I'll tell you why, and your local fire department will even assist you. You see, fire departments are ALWAYS looking for training burns. They need homes to burn to train their newbies, and to keep their veterans in peak performance.

So, talk to your local fire department to see what they say, and to make arrangements with you.

Good luck!

IAAL

David H

Litigation! said:
My response:

"Please bear yourselfs to what you will read..."

Tell me when I should take my pants down.

Actually, your thoughts (even if you're a pyromaniac) are really a good idea, and I'll tell you why, and your local fire department will even assist you. You see, fire departments are ALWAYS looking for training burns. They need homes to burn to train their newbies, and to keep their veterans in peak performance.

So, talk to your local fire department to see what they say, and to make arrangements with you.

Good luck!

IAAL
Nah, I am no pyromaniac.
Thanks dude! Never thought that this "crazy" idea can be helpful too. Thanks
I am guessing that this wont be illegal :)

rmet4nzkx

David H said:
Nah, I am no pyromaniac.
Thanks dude! Never thought that this "crazy" idea can be helpful too. Thanks
I am guessing that this wont be illegal :)
You have to do it in conjunction with the fire department. Many towns burn abandoned buildings for practice. Have you thought of joining the volunteer firefighter's in your community?

Last edited:

David H

rmet4nzkx said:
You have to do it in conjunction with the fire department. Many towns burn abandoned buildings for practice. Have you thought of joining the volunteer firefighter's in your community?
Thats good to know that other towns burn abondoned buildings for practice.
I will be giving the firerighters a visit to see what we can do.

Happy Trails

David H said:
Thats good to know that other towns burn abondoned buildings for practice.
I will be giving the firerighters a visit to see what we can do.
They also may have some requirements that need to be met before the house is burned.

In MN, the shingles need to be removed, house checked for lead paint, asbestos....

So these things were not intentionally getting into the environment.

Your fire dept. should be aware of the requirements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">