• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incomplete statute code on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

devilbuddha

WASHINGTON STATE: I received two violations on the same ticket and both violation/statute codes are missing letters. The first one is missing the ending lower-case letter and the other one I can't even find, but it's format is like this: 9A.87.105 (just an example) but it's missing the "A."
Just because the cop forgot to write them can I get out of it on a technicality like that?

divgradcurl

devilbuddha said:
WASHINGTON STATE: I received two violations on the same ticket and both violation/statute codes are missing letters. The first one is missing the ending lower-case letter and the other one I can't even find, but it's format is like this: 9A.87.105 (just an example) but it's missing the "A."
Just because the cop forgot to write them can I get out of it on a technicality like that?
You can try, but most likely the judge will give the officer the opportunity to amend the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">