• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Demolition of an attached garage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gethduinc

What is the name of your state? PA

My neighbor told me he plans to demolish his garage which is attached to mine. The garages are connected together behind our homes. They are not attached to our homes.

He warned me that it might cause damage or bring down half of mine..but he would warn me in writing and that was all he legally had to do.

Am I correct that if he does damage my garage in anyway, that he would have to pay for it?

Again, the garages are attached by a common wall. His and mine.

acmb05

Gethduinc said:
What is the name of your state? PA

My neighbor told me he plans to demolish his garage which is attached to mine. The garages are connected together behind our homes. They are not attached to our homes.

He warned me that it might cause damage or bring down half of mine..but he would warn me in writing and that was all he legally had to do.

Am I correct that if he does damage my garage in anyway, that he would have to pay for it?

Again, the garages are attached by a common wall. His and mine.
That is all he has to do, however he still would have to pay you for any damage to your garage.

How does he plan on demolishing the garage? He should be bale to do it without harming yours at all. Also when he tears it down inform him that he needs to make that side of the garge look like the rest. So if the garage has siding on it he would need to put siding on the side that is currently the the commomn wall inside the garage as it would now be exposed to the weather.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">