• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdwhit4

What is the name of your state? colorado
my girlfriend is trying to sue me over sending her things back to her that i agreed to store for her, does she have a leg to stand on.

Litigation!

jdwhit4 said:
What is the name of your state? colorado
my girlfriend is trying to sue me over sending her things back to her that i agreed to store for her, does she have a leg to stand on.

My response:

Do you want to give us a few more specifics; e.g., your agreement, whether she's paying storage fees, and how long has this been going on, and her reason(s) for suing you, etc., etc., etc.

IAAL

jdwhit4

she has not been paying for storage, her mother has set up an account with the local ups store and i have been taking things in and having them shipped to her

Litigation!

jdwhit4 said:
she has not been paying for storage, her mother has set up an account with the local ups store and i have been taking things in and having them shipped to her

My response:

Are you finding my questions a bit difficult, or do you usually only pick out those questions you wish to answer? And, do you normally answer questions that were never asked? Do you want assistance, or what?

IAAL

jdwhit4

My ex-girlfriend moved from colorado to Atlanta in August 2005. At that time i agreed to store her things for her. Her mother set up an account with the the local ups store a couple months after my ex moved. At that time i sent three boxes. Her mother said that cost too much and to wait until we could figure something else out. Then my ex began threatening me and telling me i should have to pay to send her stuff back to her since i was the reason she left colorado. Her mother contacted me again in jan. 2006 and said to start sending things again in small amounts weekly, which i have been doing. My ex- continues to contact me about getting all her stuff back now, but she offers no solution except that i pay for it. And she continues to call and threaten to sue me for the cost of shipping her items.

Litigation!

jdwhit4 said:
My ex-girlfriend moved from colorado to Atlanta in August 2005. At that time i agreed to store her things for her. Her mother set up an account with the the local ups store a couple months after my ex moved. At that time i sent three boxes. Her mother said that cost too much and to wait until we could figure something else out. Then my ex began threatening me and telling me i should have to pay to send her stuff back to her since i was the reason she left colorado. Her mother contacted me again in jan. 2006 and said to start sending things again in small amounts weekly, which i have been doing. My ex- continues to contact me about getting all her stuff back now, but she offers no solution except that i pay for it. And she continues to call and threaten to sue me for the cost of shipping her items.

My response:

Then, tell her to sue you IF she thinks she has a cause of action - - which she doesn't. It's her things, and she's the one who moved to another State without taking her things. She abandoned them, and you have no further responsibility for her things. If she wants them, then she can either pay for shipping, or attach a trailer to her car and make a trip to Colorado. But, for now, you're not going to do anything. You do NOT owe her, for anything.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">