• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help I'am being threatened to be sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

simplyme

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
Is there a case against me?I sold a dog to a lady for $500.00.The dog had a hernia that was not visible all the time.The hernia was not restrictive.Anyway,I made it clear to the lady that the dog did have a hernia before she purchased the dog.There was no guarantee on the dog.No contract.Everything was just verbal.But I did give her the dog's akc registration papers.Anyway she called me that night and said the dog had worms.So I talked her through giving the dog medicine for the worms and she was to take her to the vet the next day.The vet checked her out and gave her some more worm medicine and had finally found the hernia I had told the lady about after alot of searching.At that time the lady went ahead and scheduled the hernia surgery.this was on saturday and the Sugery was to be Monday.She called and told me about the surgery scheduled and that they were very happy with the dog.The only thing that was wrong with the dog besides the hernia that she new about, was the worms.So they proceeded with the surgery.She calls me a week or so later telling me that the dog had ran a 104 temp after the surgery.But she was doing good.Then then questioned me about the dog's heat cycle.she was thinking that the dog was pregnant.The dog showed no signs of heat since last July.That was when she was in heat last.she asked me had she been around anyother dog.i told her the only dog she was every around was my male dog and I had checked her before she was around him to make she there was no signs of heat.They were just together while I was cleaning.There was no tie that I have any knowledge of.Anyway she took the dog back to the vet at 40 days (from the time of purchase) for an xray and he said there was no puppies present that he could see.I was told that he saw fluid and that it was a bacterial infection and that this infection had to have came from my male dog's semon.That is what I'am being threatened to be sued over.That my male dog gave a bacterial infection to the female dog that I had sold her.She wants her money back for the dog,vet bills and grooming.Am I liable for this?She also stated she would take another dog but it had to be registered the same and be the same breed as the one I had sold her.I told her I did not have another one.I had bought this dog myself when she was 6 weeks old from a breeder.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

ENASNI

simplyme said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky
Is there a case against me?I sold a dog to a lady for $500.00.The dog had a hernia that was not visible all the time.The hernia was not restrictive.Anyway,I made it clear to the lady that the dog did have a hernia before she purchased the dog.There was no guarantee on the dog.No contract.Everything was just verbal.But I did give her the dog's akc registration papers.Anyway she called me that night and said the dog had worms.So I talked her through giving the dog medicine for the worms and she was to take her to the vet the next day.The vet checked her out and gave her some more worm medicine and had finally found the hernia I had told the lady about after alot of searching.At that time the lady went ahead and scheduled the hernia surgery.this was on saturday and the Sugery was to be Monday.She called and told me about the surgery scheduled and that they were very happy with the dog.The only thing that was wrong with the dog besides the hernia that she new about, was the worms.So they proceeded with the surgery.She calls me a week or so later telling me that the dog had ran a 104 temp after the surgery.But she was doing good.Then then questioned me about the dog's heat cycle.she was thinking that the dog was pregnant.The dog showed no signs of heat since last July.That was when she was in heat last.she asked me had she been around anyother dog.i told her the only dog she was every around was my male dog and I had checked her before she was around him to make she there was no signs of heat.They were just together while I was cleaning.There was no tie that I have any knowledge of.Anyway she took the dog back to the vet at 40 days (from the time of purchase) for an xray and he said there was no puppies present that he could see.I was told that he saw fluid and that it was a bacterial infection and that this infection had to have came from my male dog's semon.That is what I'am being threatened to be sued over.That my male dog gave a bacterial infection to the female dog that I had sold her.She wants her money back for the dog,vet bills and grooming.Am I liable for this?She also stated she would take another dog but it had to be registered the same and be the same breed as the one I had sold her.I told her I did not have another one.I had bought this dog myself when she was 6 weeks old from a breeder.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Does the doggie still have the bacterial infection? I am afraid I do not understand what the problem is now? It would have been better to just stick to the facts, mam.

simplyme

yes,the dog still supposively has the bacterial infection and is on medicine for it.The lady states that the dogs uterus will have to be removed if the medicine does not work.She is suppose to file her papers today.

ENASNI

Is she suing for the price of the dog or the Vet bills? If the dog is not done with the course of the antibiotics and it is not known if permanent damage is done, the new owner is a little pre-mature in filing so soon.

What would you like to see happen?

simplyme

For the price of the dog,vet bills and grooming.If everything I'am being told is true and this dog truely has a bacterial infection.I would just like to see the dog get better.I'am not sure if that answers your question or not.

ENASNI

simplyme said:
For the price of the dog,vet bills and grooming.If everything I'am being told is true and this dog truely has a bacterial infection.I would just like to see the dog get better.I'am not sure if that answers your question or not.

No dear, it does not answer my question. Pretend I am a judge, okay? What would you give to have this all go away?

simplyme

Well,I don't really feel like this infection is my fault since she was not in heat and my male dog was not with her in that way to the best of my knowledge.The dog did have a surgery and ran and temperature from the surgery.She had to be given antibitiocs at that time.I have a hard time believing that it was my fault.She knew about the hernia and bought the dog with a hernia.So I do not feel that I should be liable for the hernia surgery vet bills.And that is included in what she wants.

simplyme

So when you ask what would I give to make this all go away?Are you saying that I'am liable for this dog having a bacteria infection 40 days after purchase?

simplyme

Well,honestly I think her vet receipts will go against her showing the fact that the dog had to take antibiotics after her surgery.I do have my husband as a witness and he also told her of the hernia.He can verify that the dog was not sick at our home.She was very active and playful.I have friends who could verify this also about her being active and playful.I gave the lady her shot records.So I do not have that.But the vet who gave her the shots could possibly verify that she was healthy and that she just had a hernia.But I do hate to drag everyone through this with me.

ENASNI

simplyme said:
Well,honestly I think her vet receipts will go against her showing the fact that the dog had to take antibiotics after her surgery.I do have my husband as a witness and he also told her of the hernia.He can verify that the dog was not sick at our home.She was very active and playful.I have friends who could verify this also about her being active and playful.I gave the lady her shot records.So I do not have that.But the vet who gave her the shots could possibly verify that she was healthy and that she just had a hernia.But I do hate to drag everyone through this with me.

You gotta do what you gotta do to protect yourself. The burden of proof is on her the plaintiff. You just have to defend yourself.

Good luck. I hope the Doggie gets well fast. Me love doggies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">