• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Jersey Probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mosaic7

New Jersey
My brother and I are heirs to my mother estate in New Jersey. There is a will and my brother is named as executor. We have reached an agreement on how the estate would be divided. The attorney that is handing the estate has a Freeze placed on his trust fund by the Federal government because of another account he has. The attorney said that he is not able to give us our shares of the estate because of the freeze. Is there any way that we can receive our share of the estate? What is the name of your state? NJ

Dandy Don

By what department in the Federal Government? Get the name of the person who is handling this situation and a phone number and address as well. Is this attorney being investigated for some type of crime he may have committed?

You need to be contacting that department to get more information about why the freeze was put on and when do they expect it will be taken off.

How much money are you expecting to receive?

Has the estate already gone through probate and is probate finished?

Without actual facts to back up what he is saying, it sounds like you are being lied to so they can steal or hold on to the money.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">