• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i found out after we were married

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boobug

in june i married the father of my 11 month old daughter(she was 5 months old then) after we were married i had to go to court, in aug. over custody of my son from a previous marriage, during the hearing my ex husbands attorney produced a tape that my current husband had made before we got married, saying a lot of bad things, because he was mad at me, and was helping my ex husband keep custody of my son. he stated in court that he was lieing, and thought he might be able to get my daughter from me if he said these things, and that he was so sorry. he moved back in with his mother the following weekend. i am nine months pregnant, and like i said we have an eleven month old, which is why we havent divorced yet i would like to know if i could have an annulment, based on the fact that i married him under false pretenses??? i live in indiana.

LegalBeagle

boobug said:
in june i married the father of my 11 month old daughter(she was 5 months old then) after we were married i had to go to court, in aug. over custody of my son from a previous marriage, during the hearing my ex husbands attorney produced a tape that my current husband had made before we got married, saying a lot of bad things, because he was mad at me, and was helping my ex husband keep custody of my son. he stated in court that he was lieing, and thought he might be able to get my daughter from me if he said these things, and that he was so sorry. he moved back in with his mother the following weekend. i am nine months pregnant, and like i said we have an eleven month old, which is why we havent divorced yet i would like to know if i could have an annulment, based on the fact that i married him under false pretenses??? i live in indiana.
So, you have a child from a previous marriage that you are in a custody battle with. An 11 month old too, and are now pregnant with yet another child? No, you can not get an annulment as none of the lies were in regards to the marriage. The fact that he was such an awful ba*tard before the marriage is not grounds enough.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">