• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

An Attorney's assistance is requested !!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

agrv8ng

Having been a Police Officer for many years I am aware of the "Line of Allegiance" in many professions but I am going to submit the following
anyway.

While I'm here I would like to ask a question...Just prior to moving here back in April this year, I retained a Tax Attorney in Ohio where we were living, to try and straighten out our past affairs with the I.R.S.

After supplying him with the requested information he said he was going to do the following:
1-Contact the IRS and acquire a past history.
2-File for an extension and prepare our Tax Return for 1999.
3-Check the "Statue of Limitations" on the issues.
4-Insure we were in "compliance" with past returns before submitting an "Offer In Compromize"

Here's my problem..I understand this could take a great deal of time concerning the past issues, I am worried about the time factor concerning our 1999 Tax Returns he is suppose to be preparing.

My concerns are based on the fact that since April of 1999 I have sent 2 Regular and 2 Certified letters, made 16 calls and even drove back to Ohio to speak with him last month.

His apologies accepted, and I realize you guys and gals get busy, but even after a promise to get the completed returns to us I still haven't heard a thing.

Not knowing how much time I have before I start getting letters from the IRS again about our 99 return, might any of you have a suggestion of how I can put a fire under his butt so we can get them out ???

Thanks...John from NC

J

JenniferH

I am not an attorney, but the only opinion I can give you, is if you paid this guy money to do this, then you should send him a certified letter that if he doesn't get this done then you will be reporting him to the proper authorities and will take him to court. Or you could demand your money back, if he won't pay, then take him to court! If he is an attorney, you paid him for the services up front and he hasn't done anything, then you can report him to his local Bar Association.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">