• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bee0403

What is the name of your state? AR
I wrote the question about the small claims where the defendent is trying to get me to answer a list of interrogatory questions with requests for production of all paperwork with names and #'s of all persons involved with the case. ie: repairmen, cleaning people, and witnesses. I was told by a person on this site that I shouldn't have to answer that request and I appreciate the advice. My second question is this: Has anyone ever even heard of this for a small claims case? I looked up the rules for district court in my state and it states that "No depositons shall be taken and no interrogatories or other discovery proceedings shall be used in proceddings, except in the aid of execution." Since I have never had to deal with many legal matters I really would appreciate as much imput about this as I could get. I am just nervous since I have to go to court and these people are obviously trying to complicate what should be a very simple matter.
Please help.

justalayman

bee0403 said:
What is the name of your state? AR
I wrote the question about the small claims where the defendent is trying to get me to answer a list of interrogatory questions with requests for production of all paperwork with names and #'s of all persons involved with the case. ie: repairmen, cleaning people, and witnesses. I was told by a person on this site that I shouldn't have to answer that request and I appreciate the advice. My second question is this: Has anyone ever even heard of this for a small claims case? I looked up the rules for district court in my state and it states that "No depositons shall be taken and no interrogatories or other discovery proceedings shall be used in proceddings, except in the aid of execution." Since I have never had to deal with many legal matters I really would appreciate as much imput about this as I could get. I am just nervous since I have to go to court and these people are obviously trying to complicate what should be a very simple matter.
Please help.
You should continue in your original thread so everybody can see the entire picture without researching.

Not sure what else you want. The poster on the other thread gave you advice as good as if you had paid for it. The other poster DOES know what he is talking about. Trust his advice. Now relax.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">