• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage to Vehicle at Construction Site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gb6359

Florida-

The building I live in is privately owned. The landlord is having his own condo built in the building next door. The only parking for my building is in the designated parking area next to HIS building/construction. There are no signs advising of a constructiion site or to park at your own risk. Needless to say one of the construction workers dropped a piece of dry wall on my vehicle and shattered my front windshield. I call the leasing office (his office) and they refuse to release any information and deny knowing who the construction company is (which is hard to believe since they work for them) They are basically telling me it is my problem and they cannot help me. I do not have insurance that covers glass damage. Just the state minimum. Regardless I should not be expected to pay either way. The issue is not about the money but about the liability and them picking up the tab for something that is clearly their fault. It is the owner's construction and one of the contractor's that HE is paying damaged MY car. But they refuse to release any information. I have tons of pictures and the evidence is clear and obvious it was something from that site that was dropped from the building and onto my car. Any ideas on how to get them to just pay the $250 bucks for the repair without hauling them into court?

justalayman

If Florida's rules are anything like my state's there will be a building permit posted. Whoever pulled the permit is the party you want to talk to. It should be the contractor or the entire project's general contractor.

gb6359

Yeah the next day they hand delivered a check to me for the full cost. It turned out he owns all of it. It was just deny, deny, deny until they consulted with an attorney I am sure.

justalayman

gb6359 said:
Yeah the next day they hand delivered a check to me for the full cost. It turned out he owns all of it. It was just deny, deny, deny until they consulted with an attorney I am sure.
cool beans!!:cool:

BL

Good to hear they covered it .

One thing though , you first said sheetrock shattered the window , then said " something " they dropped .
While anything is possible I doubt sheet rock did the damage .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">