• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i have to pay the cash?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gert

What is the name of your state? TX

I was given a demand letter for cash of an item in question. I have responded by offering them the item back, even though I don't believe I owe them the item, and the item has no significant value to me what so ever.

Since I am agreeing to return the item to them, can they decline the offer and demand cash? I would prefer to give them the item as I don't have cash to give them.What is the name of your state?

BelizeBreeze

gert said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I was given a demand letter for cash of an item in question. I have responded by offering them the item back, even though I don't believe I owe them the item, and the item has no significant value to me what so ever.

Since I am agreeing to return the item to them, can they decline the offer and demand cash? I would prefer to give them the item as I don't have cash to give them.What is the name of your state?
Write them a certified (RRR) letter telling them that you are willing to return the item in it's original shape in return for a release from all future obligations. Tell them also the offer is open for the next five calendar days and if you do not hear from them within that timeframe, you will consider the offer rejected.

And no, you do not have to send case. You can send a check, money order or nothing, and wait for them to sue you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">