• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

writ of execution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chattylewis

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

We moved out of our dwelling on January 31. We agreed to pay her the lasts months rent. 4 weeks later she took us to court. In court I decided to fight her case. However, the evidence I needed was packed up in a box in a storage shed. Of course We lost and I have until April 3 to file an appeal. The Clerk of Courts office informed me that I had to pay the amount due the plaintiff in order to appeal it. I do not have the money so I cannot appeal it. I am still refusing to pay the landlord her money because she refused to help us with the heating bill when her equipment malfunctioned and caused us to have a 600.00 bill. What kind of trouble can I get in by refusing to pay or can I pay her a little each month until it is paid for. I may still sue her for refusing to honor her oral promises.

THANKS

What kind of trouble can I get in by refusing to pay or can I pay her a little each month until it is paid for

What kind of credit rating/score do you have right now? It is not really a choice, you have have a judgement against you. It is the plaintiff's choice whether to allow you to be on a payment plan. As you said you are still refusing to pay, so I don't think she will buy into that story.

She may also get an order of execution if you do not appeal within ten days. Then you get to meet your friendly neighborhood sheriff.

If I was going to court, I would not have a silly excuse of my "stuff is in the storage shed." I don't mean to sound mean, it just has the ring of " My dog ate my homework." :eek:

bee0403

Can't or won't

In one sentence you state that you don't have the money to pay and then you say you are refusing to pay. Which is it? Whenever a tenant doens't pay and is taken to court it is always easier to blame someone else (landlord) for your problems. Apparently you don't work either because the first thing would be to garnish your wages to get the judgement and not wait until you decide if you want to pay it. If you don't pay it the judgement will go on a credit report. So apparently you don't work and your credit is already trashed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">