• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dog stuff again!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RescueDogs

We're in California.

I sold one of my personal dogs to someone a couple of days ago. She suspects the dog has hip problems (therefore not breedable, which is why she bought her).

She has expressed interest in spaying the dog to give to her mother if she has bad hips, she has an appointment today and we will find out. However, if she does have bad hips, she wants me to refund her for the dog, pay for the vet appointment, and pay for the spay. I just notified her that I will gladly refund her for the dog and the appointment, but I want the dog returned and I will not refund her anything if she keeps the dog.

Am I in the 'right' for wanting the dog back?? It's a somewhat rare breed, and very costly, and she is not getting one for "free" essentially. I'd also rather spay and place the dog myself, with one of my own family members that wants her.

seniorjudge

RescueDogs said:
We're in California.

I sold one of my personal dogs to someone a couple of days ago. She suspects the dog has hip problems (therefore not breedable, which is why she bought her).

She has expressed interest in spaying the dog to give to her mother if she has bad hips, she has an appointment today and we will find out. However, if she does have bad hips, she wants me to refund her for the dog, pay for the vet appointment, and pay for the spay. I just notified her that I will gladly refund her for the dog and the appointment, but I want the dog returned and I will not refund her anything if she keeps the dog.

Am I in the 'right' for wanting the dog back?? It's a somewhat rare breed, and very costly, and she is not getting one for "free" essentially. I'd also rather spay and place the dog myself, with one of my own family members that wants her.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=311932

Q: Am I in the 'right' for wanting the dog back?

A: Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">