• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AME appointment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sprt4pat

I live in CA and was injured in April of this year. It is a shoulder injury and during treatment for that injury, a 'growth' was discovered in the tissue underneath my arm (in the armpit area). I have been to several doctor and was scheduled for surgury on September 1st. But the day before the surgury, my Dr pulled out because he said that he didn't have any knowledge about this unknown mass in the arm.

Nothing has happened for several months, it was almost like we have been at a stand still. Then this week I received a letter from my attorney stating I have an appointment w/ a AME. Between the wall and myself, can someone tell me what to expect from this? Is this the beginning of the end for all this? After the apointment, how much longer will I have to wait and is it possible that I will be offered a settlement or have the workman's comp claim closed?

I still work for the company and have been in pain with limitation to movement since date of injury.

L

LadyBlu

sprt4pat said:
I live in CA and was injured in April of this year. It is a shoulder injury and during treatment for that injury, a 'growth' was discovered in the tissue underneath my arm (in the armpit area). I have been to several doctor and was scheduled for surgury on September 1st. But the day before the surgury, my Dr pulled out because he said that he didn't have any knowledge about this unknown mass in the arm.

Nothing has happened for several months, it was almost like we have been at a stand still. Then this week I received a letter from my attorney stating I have an appointment w/ a AME. Between the wall and myself, can someone tell me what to expect from this? Is this the beginning of the end for all this? After the apointment, how much longer will I have to wait and is it possible that I will be offered a settlement or have the workman's comp claim closed?

I still work for the company and have been in pain with limitation to movement since date of injury.
The AME is probably going to try to determine if the cause of the growth is due to the injury on your WC claim. Have you asked your atty what the reasons for the exam was? Since I do not know if this is being disputed by the WC carrier or not it is hard to determine exactly what the reasoning for the Appt is. I would assume though that you are nowhere near the end of the line with this. If the growth was found and is determined not to be a result of the original injury you will probably have a very long battle ahead. The Carrier is going to try to make it look as if the growth is the reason for your pain and suffering, not the job related injury.

[Edited by LadyBlu on 12-15-2000 at 09:38 AM]

L

LadyBlu

HomeGuru said:
Are you guys talking about an IME? Independent Medical Evaluation.
I believe that is what the poster was referring to, or as they call it here in TX a Dr Designate..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">