• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I have to move out right away?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Donne

What is the name of your state? california.
I have been living in a garage in a building owned by my ex husbands uncle that I converted into a make shift apartment for about 5 yrs. Recently a nosy neighbor went to the city attorneys office and complained about me being here and now there is going to be an inspection by a building inspector and the fire dept. in two days. Will I have to move right away if they find it "illegal" or "unsafe" for me to be here or do they have to give me enough time to find another place to go?What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Donne said:
What is the name of your state? california.
I have been living in a garage in a building owned by my ex husbands uncle that I converted into a make shift apartment for about 5 yrs. Recently a nosy neighbor went to the city attorneys office and complained about me being here and now there is going to be an inspection by a building inspector and the fire dept. in two days. Will I have to move right away if they find it "illegal" or "unsafe" for me to be here or do they have to give me enough time to find another place to go?What is the name of your state?
Q: Will I have to move right away if they find it "illegal" or "unsafe" for me to be here or do they have to give me enough time to find another place to go?

A: If someone asks you to move, then you should ask him your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">