• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lemon law?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bear4995

What is the name of your state? PA
I purchased a 2002 Harley from the dealership brand new in 2001. It is now leaking for the 10th, yes 10th, time from the same spot. It started to leak at 750 miles and has never been able to be repaired properly. I do have the documentation, it's still under warranty and I'm thoroughly frustrated and wouldn't mind giving it back to them if I could get my purchase price back. Any suggestions? Only serious responses please!

seniorjudge

bear4995 said:
I purchased a 2002 Harley from the dealership brand new in 2001. It is now leaking for the 10th, yes 10th, time from the same spot. It started to leak at 750 miles and has never been able to be repaired properly. I do have the documentation, it's still under warranty and I'm thoroughly frustrated and wouldn't mind giving it back to them if I could get my purchase price back. Any suggestions? Only serious responses please!
http://www.kahnandassociates.com/lemon_law/case_review_ppc.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=lemon+law+pennsylvania&utm_campaign=pa_national

I am NOT recommending these people.

JETX

bear4995 said:
I'm thoroughly frustrated and wouldn't mind giving it back to them if I could get my purchase price back. Any suggestions? Only serious responses please!
Of course, you cannot get your purchase price back. You have had the use of the vehicle for several years. Also, 10 oil leaks over 5 years is unusual... but not excessive for some Harley models.

Ignore 'seniorjudge' recommendation to an attorney site, he is clearly suffering a 'senior moment', your state lemon laws do NOT apply to motorcycles.
"The Automobile Lemon Law applies to the PURCHASE or LEASE of new vehicles that are registered in Pennsylvania. The vehicle must be used for personal, family or household purposes. Commercial vehicles, motorcycles, motor homes, and off-road vehicles are not covered by the law."
http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=291

Your only hope is to take your vehicle to another dealership and hope that they are better at fixing the problem than the one you have been using.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

bear4995 said:
Start lobbying:

http://www.lemonlaw.com/motorcycle-rv-lemon-law.htm

BL

Do your Harley bros have any good recommendations ?

Such as charley the old geezer is good ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">