• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inter state prescriptions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lenbert

I live in Texas. I recently found a doctor online and had an online consultation. This doctor is in Florida and he sent me a prescription for hydrocodone through the mail. I took it to my pharmacy in Texas to be filled. When my wife checked on the status of the prescription she was told that this doctor was 're-flagged' throughout the USA as a narcotics runner. He does have a legitamite DEA number at the time and the pharmacy did fill the prescription and I picked it up. Is there anthing wrong with receiving an out of state prescription through the mail and having it filled in Texas? Once I knew that this doctor was 'red-flagged' did I do anything wrong or am I at any legal risk for having picked up the prescription? My wife is very concerned (and so am I)that I may have put myself at risk. Any input you can give me is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">