• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overtime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

threcats

I've not been paid overtime for over two years! I was an assistant manager for a large West coast autoparts chain in Washington. About two years ago they changed our pay status from salary to hourly and said that instead of "time and a half" we would get "half time". At the time I figured that half was better than nothing and went about my business. After that time I started seeing my work week get longer and longer. As a salaried employee I worked an abverage of 45 hrs. As a hourly employee I my weeks streched out to 60 and 70 hrs. Now I've been told that CSK's "half time" pratice might have been illegal. Is this true and if so what do I do about it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">