• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does this guy even know what he's doing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DMcJaded

What is the name of your state? California
I was taken to court to modify Child Support by an attorney who never made a single attempt to contact me prior to serving his notice of motion [nor did he make any attempt afterward]. At the hearing, I agreed to a new support amount pending a verification of the petitioner's income, as there were no pay stubs filed with the Income and Expense declaration. I have now been served with a "discovery" order to produce documents AND received a copy of the Orders After Hearing, to be signed, but the attorney has thus far refused to produce the paystubs, as directed by the judge at the hearing.
My question is: Now that an order has been issued, aren't we beyond the "discovery" stage? Wouldn't that mean that I don't need to respond to his demand? Could I file a motion of contempt against him and his client for refusing to deliver the paystubs?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">