• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors Web Cam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I live in a apartment complex and the people that live above me put what looks like a web cam on the ledge outside thier window. Are they legally allowed to do this? I am not sure at all what they are doing with my image. They moved in about a month ago and we have had non stop problems with them. Both our apartments face the parking lot so they are getting everyone in the building on this web cam.What is the name of your state?

justalayman

queeniez71 said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

I live in a apartment complex and the people that live above me put what looks like a web cam on the ledge outside thier window. Are they legally allowed to do this? I am not sure at all what they are doing with my image. They moved in about a month ago and we have had non stop problems with them. Both our apartments face the parking lot so they are getting everyone in the building on this web cam.What is the name of your state?
Is the camera pointing into your apartment or into the parking lot?

justalayman

queeniez71 said:
It is facing the parking lot
They are viewing a public space. Probably not illegal unless there is voice recorded as well. Then there are possibly some issues. There is generally no expectation of privacy when you are in a public place (view).

Have you informed the management. Although it is probably not illegal, the management may have some rule concerning this. After all, they have placed the camera on property that is not theirs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">