• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need for attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

farkle

My uncle and his son were recently arrested for very serious drug charges, manufacturing meth, sales of meth and sales of pot in California. There is no way they are guilty of the manufacturing charge and the son is not guilty of any of these charges!!!!! Nothing at all was found in his room. He's only 20 years old and is guilty only of being a lazy pothead. Both of them have no prior arrests for anything.
Anyway, I have consulted with several experienced attorneys and have selected two of them for this case. The preliminary trial is less than a week away!!!!!!!
Here's my question. My uncle isn't sure it's worth selling his house, which he owns free and clear, in order to fund the attorney fees, which will be over $25,000. He can't borrow against it because he has no income. I think he's crazy to let court appointed attorneys handle their defense. What do all of you think? Please post your thoughts. After all, what are the potential benefits of retaining experienced counsel at significant expense for this case? $25,000 is a lot of money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">