• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overtime on salary and tips instead of hourly rate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lisaq

At my last Job as waitstaff manager I was paid a salary of $250.00 a week and was required to work 50 hours. In Pennsylvania that is not even minimum wage when broken down. I also had to be a server during those 50 hours and get taxes for my tips taken out of my $250.00. I told the owner that the pay was not enough for the job and he told me that he lets me earn tips and that was a majority of my pay. I can earn those tips even if I was not a manager, and with much less stress of trying to do two jobs at the same time. It is hard for me to believe that this is legal. does he have to pay me overtime? Can he pay me one flat rate and tips to do two jobs?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">