• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

blackmail and complications

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toganga

blackmail and entrappment?

on december 13 2000 i was called by a police officer from treddyfrin police department in PA and was asked that me my mother and my father attend a meeting at the police station but would not tell us what it was about. when i got there they said that on august 8, 2000 i sold weed to an undercover cop. it was nerve racking for my parents because now i no longer smoke pot or use any illicit substances and because of the policemens harrasatory nature and because they told us that we had to get a private lawyer. they said that i could still be charged for a crime i committed as a minor on aug 8 even though i am an adult now. true it is that i gave it to him, as a lackey for someone else, but the police got a friend of mine to bring the undercover given that his charges for smoking bongs in his car behind a shopping center with a digital scale and weighed out bags of marijuana. The cops have told me that i'm going to be arrested and that if i don't work with them then i'm going to be in big trouble. i waved my miranda rights briefly and gave them names of people who used to have marijuana a lot that i didn't like so they would get off my back but they insisted and talked to the undercover about the situation itself, mainly the fact that after the purchase the undercover called frequently, several times in fact to make another purchase but at that point i was no longer involved in illegal activity so i repeatedly told the officer to stop calling. they say that the only way i can get out of trouble is if i set someone up above me... but none of those people will talk to me anymore because i don't smoke or buy it anymore. we all had a falling out but i'm still being blackmailed by the cops. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

[Edited by toganga on 12-14-2000 at 03:22 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">