• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lot line dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rgeorge

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Lot Line dispute

Back in January of 2001 we bought a mobile home on 3 acres with about a half acre of chain link fenced in back yard. The fence has access gates on either end of the home in two 20 foot sections of fence. The realtor who showed the property owns and lives on the property adjacent to the fence line in question. At the time of showing, he and I stood at the south west corner of the fence, pointed down the fence line and told me that my property line ran east along the fence and than took a jog to the north. He, on a separate occasion also told my wife the same story. About a year later I was about to build an out building that required a drawing with lot measurements and found that about 12 feet of my south fence was on this realtors property. When I confronted him on the situation he told me that it was up to me know where my property lines were. Apparently he didn't know where his property lines were or he lied to my wife and I. If I were to give up 12 feet of the south property line, my water suppliers truck would not be able to service my water tank. According to this realtor, realtors cannot be found liable for things they say in presenting a property, even in a lot line dispute related to a property they own. Is he correct? It sounds like a conflict of interest to me. What recourse if any, do I have?

Thank You for your attention and advise.
Rgeorge
Arizona

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">