• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brand new car!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yessy

What is the name of your state? CA
We purchased a brand new car in January. It would not start after going to store 3 weeks ago on Thursday. towed it to dealer.Picked it up on Tuesday. Took it back to dealer two days later. Picked it up on Wednesday. Had it towed back again today. All three times for the same reason. Dealer doesn't know what is wrong. Meanwhile we have been using a rental car that is crap!!! We return it with full tank and pay about $10 for 4 days but when we get our car we have to put gas.. This has been a very bad experience and very inconvinient. I have missed work 3 times.I have a carpayment due next week but have not been able to drive my car for about 2 weeks!!!We qualify for the lemon law but they tell us it is a long process and will have to wait a while.:mad: Does any body know what can be done to get the process take less time? We really need a vehicle that's why we bought a new one!! Thanks. Very inconvinient.

Happy Trails

yessy said:
What is the name of your state? CA
We purchased a brand new car in January. It would not start after going to store 3 weeks ago on Thursday. towed it to dealer.Picked it up on Tuesday. Took it back to dealer two days later. Picked it up on Wednesday. Had it towed back again today. All three times for the same reason. Dealer doesn't know what is wrong. Meanwhile we have been using a rental car that is crap!!! We return it with full tank and pay about $10 for 4 days but when we get our car we have to put gas.. This has been a very bad experience and very inconvinient. I have missed work 3 times.I have a carpayment due next week but have not been able to drive my car for about 2 weeks!!!We qualify for the lemon law but they tell us it is a long process and will have to wait a while.:mad: Does any body know what can be done to get the process take less time? We really need a vehicle that's why we bought a new one!! Thanks. Very inconvinient.
Information links:

http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/general/lemon.htm

http://www.lemonlaw-california.com/

http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/state_laws/california.htm

EDIT: No one can tell you how long it will take. In your situation, no one knows what the problem is yet. You need to go through the proper channels.

Last edited:

msiron

I'm curious, what kind of car, and year did you buy? I know you said new but that could be a left over 05 or a new 06. Depending on the vehicle I could check for bulletins or preliminaries. It may be a simple fix. Can you state the symptoms?

yessy

more info.

The car is a Ford Fusion 06. Just got it in Late January. Everytime to go to video store and get back in the car to start it, it will not crank. The power is fine but engine will not start or make any other noise the system says odometer error and other errors. After it is at the dealer it will start but the dash says Check Engine- data error. Dealer said they have not had any others with this problem, but it is a new model.:confused:

SUMMONS!

My response:

Fix Or Repair Daily

Why the hell would you buy an American car? Didn't anyone tell you that we, Americans, can't build a quality vehicle? They are designed with "built-in obsolescence." Yours just became obsolete a little ahead of time.

IAAL

msiron

First off, the tech plugs into the ALDL connector to access the PCM/ECM to see what specific codes it threw, like a B1000 code, which is an 'internal fault' detected inside of a control module, which can be one of many on board computers. For example a new corvette has about 20 separate computers aka modules that work together. The culprit has to be tracked down.
--------------------------
Ok so it starts cold, you drive it to somewhere and get back in it while it's somewhat hot and it won't start.

First off it is their COMMITMENT to fix it..... by starting to throw **** at it, to fix it.

I am GM not Ford but if this were a GM vehicle I would be looking at a computer communications issue. Which computers, I wouldn't know until I hooked my scan tool into the ALDL connector to access the diagnostic info.

The tech who retrieves the codes from your car should be directed by the code/codes of the problem.

Demand a Ford Master Tech looks at your car.

yessy

still no answers

Well today we were informed that the car had a new computer installed and it was working fine while they drove it around but then it did the same thing it did wth us, it would not start!:eek: wow... So now they are having a tech come in on Wednesday to see if he can fix it. The tech has the last word as if we get a new car or he can fix ours. We are kind of hoping we can get a new one that is not defective. We were told after three attempts to fix it and we were good with the lemon law, but now they are saying to wait and see what the tech says!!!

Y

ylen13

get your self a lawyer and sue. You should be getting your money back so you can get some other manufacture preffereable not american.

Just Blue

ylen13 said:
you have couple of choices. You can go to dealerhip and demand your money back. However chances are he willl laugh at you. Your second option is to call honda us headqueater. Phone for them should be in the manuall that came with your car. Third option is to get a lawyer, it will cost you money but will probably be the quickest way of getting your money back.

ylen...Go here...http://www.m-w.com/

If you insist on posting ADVICE...at least make an effort to spell it correctly...;)

Just Blue

ylen13 said:
get your self a lawyer and sue. You should be getting your money back so you can get some other manufacture preffereable not american.

;) ;) ****************************..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">