• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to leave or not to leave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Isabel

I have been married for almost 3 years and am in a very a
abusive marriage. I live CA, if I leave is that considered abandonment. I think we some time away froim each other
and there are kids involved.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Isabel said:
I have been married for almost 3 years and am in a very a
abusive marriage. I live CA, if I leave is that considered abandonment. I think we some time away froim each other
and there are kids involved.
My response:

Not if you file for Legal Separation or Dissolution of Marriage. Then go to your criminal courts building, see the Clerk, and ask for Temporary Restraining Order papers. Fill them out, see the judge, have the papers served on your husband, get him out of the residence.

IAAL

MySonsMom

IAAL...

What if 2 people decide to separate for awhile, but don't get a legal separation...Could there be any legal problems or downfalls to that IF they then decide to divorce at a later time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">