• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

LTD insurance and SS payback

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wicketgranny

Alabama
I have recently received SS backpay. I have been receiving LTD benefits through my insurance company. I understand that I will have to repay most of my SS backpay to the insurance company, however, my husband passed away late kast year so I will receive a SEPARATE PAYMENT from SS. My insurance company has to keep paying the diffenence between what SS pays and the amount I now recieve from the LTD insurance. My question is this: Should the insurance company still pay the difference between the amount that I will receive from SS on my own behalf, or should my widows benefit also be added? They are separate payments, so should both payments be reported to the insurance company?:confused:What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">