• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car was given to me, but now owners refuse to sign over after a year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krsd

What is the name of your state? Washinton
Co- worker was given a car. She no longer wanted it, so it was given to me. That was a year ago. She didn't complete her transactions of sales from him to her, so now the car goes back to him technically. BUT I have had the car for the last year and have invested at least $750 into the car. The original owner would rather just take it back than to hassle with going down to DOL to help us complete the transactions. We recently gave them back the most recent registration or title to do their transactions, so we no longer have any forms of registration or title. How could this be best settled? What can we do to get the car or time and money invested into it back?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">