• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

limits of easements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kkm_1977

What is the name of your state? New York

I'm interested in a parcell of land that has no direct access to a road. The realtor advised me that there is an easement which granted access to the land. I've obtained a copy of the easement agreement I'm confused by the language, it states " The easement and right to cross all that tract or parcel of land" it then goes on to describe the exact parcel subject to the easement. What I'm confused about is whether this would grant me the right to build a driveway crossing the other persons property? In addition the realtor showed me a copy of a letter the owner of the property received from the attorney of the owner of the property I would have to cross. The attornies refrenced the easement agreement in denying the owner's request to pave a driveway. I'm not sure what to make of this, but it doesn't seem positive to me.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">